Tuesday, April 21, 2009

☼ Food Heritage!



Today supposed to be our first official lesson which we would have to report at our hostel lobby 8:30am sharp. Mutton and I was not in time to catch a bite of breakfast in the canteen though. Well it was alright cause' the food in the canteen sucks big time anyway.

I'm with that pair of sport shoes that made me look so like them! My Converse was all drenched larr, *hahas*!


Look how thick Mutton wore! Extra thick layering of clothes and gloves!

We walked up and down the slopes to the 'main' building of the entire school. The rain had stopped last night and the weather was cloudy in the morning. The strong breezy wind made our faces all chilled and fingers numbed. It was no joke! We wore layer and layer of clothes like some noob candidates that looked so bumpy. We are Singaporeans anyway!

These are some roads along the street of our hostel where we have to walk everyday.


Our lesson was all about wireless network and local connection (this is not in our module by the way) . Finally, like after 2 long freezing days of detachment with the world, we achieved the internet connection. But the classroom was short of power sockets to adapt everyone's laptop! That was pathetic. First lesson ended after the intense struggling to get connected. Before that we were made to walk all the way back in the cold streets to our hostel just to pick up our laptops!!

It was a 20 minutes walk to the little eating house during the lunch hours. I had 'hong shao' beef la mian while the rest had some other beef noodles. We didn't really like the taste of their dishes, and that was the first halal store we've seen in Dalian. 1 hour of lunch break became 2 solid hours, *hahas*! Our lunch was on Mrs Ser, *smiles*!

Walk this way to the eating place right at the back. This is still in school.


The meat was little, and the noodle didn't taste nice at all! But the soup was good.


Even in the stuffy room, we still had our layers on. It felt kinda cosy though!




And we saw this really oversized bread in their bakery store. Look at the cream!! You probably might have gained another 10 ponds by finishing that!


Back in the warmth-filled classroom, we had a short briefing on our lesson schedules and e-learning. The last lesson was GEMS, combining with the Design students. It was all about Dalian, I couldn't pay anymore attention towards the end of the lesson and decided to text my China buddy. I was so much interested in where to get my bangs rebonded at the cheapest rate!

The lecturer from China, Dalian Polytechnic University. He would be taking us on our GEMS module.


This was a mistake. I hit the zoom button unnoticely, *hehes*.


It was taken in the middl of the lesson. Nobody knew it, *smiles*.





And this is the ally of the classrooms at the 5th floor.


Back in the hostel where it will always be the most chaotic place that can be. Apparently they started a food-stealing contest, going over to each other dorms and grabbing any food they can find. This was the best time to rip out the camera and keep snapping away like some irritating reporters will do.

Peering outside my hostel room window it looks like that. This building is the Library.





I slept with this monkey every night. It suffer a broken nose when I rescue him outta the luggage. He was squashed pretty badly.





Do not hate me cause I climbed onto your bed, *frowns*.


Love me because I'm your room mate, *LOL*!


This is what I was talking about. Their food war along the ally of our rooms.



We met my China buddy at the lobby and she brought us to the school's salon. She's nice to have walked us there when she's busy with her project and stuff, most importantly it was far from where she live! We had our fringe rebonded at 20RMB. Now I think I look like any other girls in Dalian. Oh gosh, I'm adapting to them!

After the pretty much makeover, we took a stroll along their little food streets. Some of the Design students were shocked to see me mushroom-headed, *hahas*!
Some finger food were nice but some tasted like crap! Not all suited our Singaporean taste buds! And I must say their strawberries are awesome!!

Pretty strawberries!! Ranging from papa strawberries to baby strawberries!



This ugly fruit looked cute the way it is, *hahas*!


Beside the hostel, we witnessed the sunset!


Guess who are we. We all looked the same didn't we?


They have nice bites. It's an flavouredn eggy cake something smilar to waffle! Actually the sales person got shocked by the flash light, she said (behind).


As commented, this is a mini baseball bat rather than a corn. For the taste, I do not know, cause' I hate CORN!!




Ohh god I look like the potential student in their school. I mean physically!


All the finger food along the streets would be our dinner for today. We had a little tea talk at Jiahui's room before we went to bed. It was more of a crappy talk I would say.

That was the chicken rice they bought. Not eaten at all cause' the weather completely chilled the food in 15 minutes.


Not nice larr can Jiahui please throw that away?


*Wahahaha*, I see myself I wanna break into laughter.


This zombie was found dead on the bed so we decided to roll her up.


Look what a dead body she was!


What a fine day we had! No sweat, no frustrations, no tears, not stress at all!!





For this entire trip I would look different, *whahaha*! At least this is China, million miles away from home! I don't care about how funny I would be. People may stare at my dark skin tone like it's something foreign in their country. This is me, *smiles*. I'm gonna get my hair highlight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment