Wednesday, April 1, 2009

☼ Dead Girl On Roam!

I got up from the bed like a dead woman. I knew I had to be present at work even if it means dragging my feet. We were supposed to be surveying the distribution wholesale centres at Pasir Panjang this morning but it was cancelled. It could be a good thing though, I was like dragging a half dead body in school.

As soon as I heard Justin saying "Okay you'll help me do the Osmometer", my heart sank totally deep to the toes. That's an ultra-super-duper boring thing anyone would want to do! It goes like that:

1st - Place a very small piece of filter paper disc on the sensor.
2nd - Use the micropipette to place a drop of sample on the filter paper.
3rd - Push in the sensor and switch it to 'close'.
4th - Wait for 80 seconds for the Osmometer to determine the 'I-don't-know-what' value.
5th - Repeat the whole procedure 5 times for each samples.

That was extreme craziness! There were 5 samples, orange, apple, pineapple, calamaji, and mango juices. That's 25 times already. And the whole calibration thing, I did it like 10 times 3, which was 30 times. And altogether it's 55 times, *zzz*!

By 3pm I felt that I was dying. Again due to that annoying flu yesterday, I've developed sore throat. My temperature went up, graciously I was able to bring myself home. Take care people! No one would like a bug to have our body as their home. Well, the flu bug has been greeting me since yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment